State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago White Sox, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided during the season, including the team’s competitive status.
Stories of the Day:
- As more and more reports emerge regarding teams which have a serious interest in acquiring Chris Sale, it seems more and more likely the Sox are serious about trading him and beginning the rebuilding process. The latest team to jump in is the Atlanta Braves.
- The Washington Nationals are also interested in Sale.
- No matter to whom the White Sox decide to trade Chris Sale, if they do make that decision, the team must get fair value in return.
- Kenny Williams, however, refuses to discuss the Sale trade rumors.
- White Sox notes from the Bill James Handbook.