State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago football team, the Chicago Bears, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided during the season, including the team’s competitive status.
Stories of the Day:
- The Bears must found out exactly how Alshon Jeffrey ingested a PED in order to determine how they proceed with the WR following this season.
- If the Bears want to salvage this season, in any way, they have to win some games.
- Now that it appears that barring an injury to Dak Prescott the Cowboys have ended the Tony Romo era in Dallas, should the Bears take a chance on the QB?
- Because Jay Cutler will in all likelihood be gone after this season, and that is a necessary development.
- Are the Bears the worst-run franchise in the NFL?
Record and Stats:
- Record: 2-7
- Last in the NFC North
- Team Offense: 19th (Total); 21st (Passing); 23rd (Rushing); 31st (Points)
- Team Defense: 10th (Total); 12th (Passing); 10th (Rushing); 19th (Points)
- The Bears next game is November 20th at 1:00pm ET at the New York Giants.