State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago White Sox, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided during the season, including the team’s competitive status.
Stories of the Day:
- According to Rick Hahn, Chris Sale’s issues with the White Sox front office will not play a role in trade talks which involve him.
- Jose Abreu has opted out of his contract and is now eligible for salary arbitration.
- The Sox will still have Abreu under contractual control for the next 3 years, however, just on new term. Unless they trade him.
- Brett Lawrie, on the other hand, may have been non-tendered and would then be a free agent.
- Is the White Sox front office capable of a successful rebuild?