State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago football team, the Chicago Bears, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided during the season, including the team’s competitive status.
Stories of the Day:
- Alshon Jeffrey has been suspended 4 games by the NFL for use of PEDs.
- This suspension should not affect his future with the Bears, however.
- But he might have cost himself.
- Despite his performance on Sunday, the fact that he is most likely to replaced as the starting quarterback after this season, and his Bears season is effectively over, John Fox says Jay Cutler will remain the starting quarterback this season.
- This despite a report claiming that Cutler has lost the locker room.
- Sorting out Bears’ futures.
- How big of a disappointment has the 2016 season been so far?
- Injury roundup.
Record and Stats:
- Record: 2-7
- Last in the NFC North
- Team Offense: 19th (Total); 21st (Passing); 23rd (Rushing); 31st (Points)
- Team Defense: 10th (Total); 12th (Passing); 10th (Rushing); 19th (Points)
- The Bears next game is November 20th at 1:00pm ET at the New York Giants.