State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago Cubs, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided during the season, including the team’s competitive status.
Stories of the Day:
- Depending on how the offseason plays out, the Cubs could be even better next season.
- Theo Epstein, however, does not anticipate very many offseason moves.
- But will the Cubs have to make some moves simply because of the glut of talent on the roster?
- By most objective measures Jason Heyward was a disappointment last season, especially considering the huge contract given to him by the Cubs. However, Heyward transformed the team in many ways which cannot be tabulated.
- The Cubs washed away the “Friendly Chalkboard” in order to begin offseason construction projects, but hope a new tradition will be born with it.
- Cubs prospects Arizona Fall League update.