State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago basketball team, the Chicago Bulls, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided during the season, including the team’s competitive status.
Stories of the Day:
- Doug McDermott has been placed in the NBA’s concussion protocol following a nasty-looking fall against the Wizards.
- Jimmy Butler was already one of the top two-way players in the NBA and perhaps one of the top 20 overall, but this year he’s taken his game to a whole new level.
- The Bulls two game winning streak has them confident as they hit the road.
- All through the preseason Nikola Mirotic was battling with Taj Gibson for the starting position at power forward, a battle which Gibson won and has made the most of his opportunity. Mirotic, on the other hand, has been poor coming off the bench.
- Rajon Rondo has been as advertised so far this season, for both good and bad.
- 2nd in the Central Division
- The Bulls next game is Tuesday night at 10:00pm ET at the Portland Trail Blazers.