State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago football team, the Chicago Bears, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided during the season, including the team’s competitive status.
Stories of the Day:
- The Bears lost big against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 36-10.
- The Bears were very confident heading to Tampa. Coming off a bye week after a big victory against the Minnesota Vikings. The team was finally getting healthy. Then they played.
- And the team once again disappointed when the stakes are highest.
- Kyle Long was carted off the field with an air cast around his ankle after getting rolled. It did not look good and was tough to see.
- Jordan Howard was injured in the loss and may have to miss some time.
- This Bears team obviously needs change in a big way, and it must start right now.
- Starting with Jay Cutler.
- Notes from the ugly loss.
Record and Stats:
- Record: 2-7
- Last in the NFC North
- Team Offense: 21st (Total); 16th (Passing); 25th (Rushing); 31st (Points)
- Team Defense: 11th (Total); 12th (Passing); 12th (Rushing); 14th (Points)
- The Bears next game is November 20th at 1:00pm ET at the New York Giants.