State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago football team, the Chicago Bears, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided during the season, including the team’s competitive status.
Stories of the Day:
- Marquess Wilson practiced on Monday and the Bears now have 21 days to elevate him to the active roster from the PUP list.
- Eddie Goldman also practiced for the first time since suffering a high-ankle sprain and missing the past 5 games.
- With many players returning from injury and coming off a good victory over the Vikings before the bye, can the Bears reach the playoffs?
- It may come down to Jay Cutler.
- And how the defense continues to evolve and improve, especially as Pernell McPhee’s return has given the Bears a boost.
Record and Stats:
- Record: 2-6
- Last in the NFC North
- Team Offense: 19th (Total); 15th (Passing); 25th (Rushing); 30th (Points)
- Team Defense: 11th (Total); 12th (Passing); 12th (Rushing); 15th (Points)
- The Bears next game is November 13th at 1:00pm ET versus the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.