State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago football team, the Chicago Bears, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided during the season, including the team’s competitive status.
Stories of the Day:
- Rookie progress report at the halfway point of the season.
- Adrian Amos is improving and making more plays in his second NFL season.
- Bears 7th round pick WR Daniel Braverman was an early favorite to make the roster and contribute this season. Instead he was cut and placed on the practice squad. He remains there, even with the injury to Kevin White, but is making progress.
- What do we know about the Bears running backs at the bye?
- John Fox approval rating at the halfway point of the NFL season.
- Will Fox return next season?
Record and Stats:
- Record: 2-6
- Last in the NFC North
- Team Offense: 13th (Total); 10th (Passing); 19th (Rushing); 30th (Points)
- Team Defense: 16th (Total); 16th (Passing); 17th (Rushing); 17th (Points)
- The Bears next game is November 13th at 1:00pm ET versus the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.