State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago football team, the Chicago Bears, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided during the season, including the team’s competitive status.
Stories of the Day:
- Even as Jeremy Langford returned from injury and Ka’Deem Carey had been effective the past couple weeks, Jordan Howard got 82 percent of the snaps against the Vikings. And he showed he deserves the same going forward.
- As a result of his 202 yards of total offense Howard was named NFC Offensive Player of the Week.
- Breaking down the Bears victory utilizing the All-22 film.
- While Monday’s victory was huge step in the right direction for the team and points the Bears in the right direction heading into the second half of the season, there are still areas for improvement.
- Technically, the Bears could still make the playoffs.
- Bears 2016 rookie class bye week assessment.
Record and Stats:
- Record: 2-6
- Last in the NFC North
- Team Offense: 13th (Total); 10th (Passing); 19th (Rushing); 30th (Points)
- Team Defense: 16th (Total); 16th (Passing); 17th (Rushing); 17th (Points)
- The Bears next game is November 13th at 1:00pm ET versus the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.