State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago football team, the Chicago Bears, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided during the season, including the team’s competitive status.
Stories of the Day:
- The Bears front office has reportedly hired an outside consultant to conduct a full examination of the football operation from top to bottom.
- The scrutiny is directed mostly at the coaching staff, although Ryan Pace has not escaped criticism.
- Which is simply a function of a losing organization.
- But Jay Cutler is back as starting QB and despite a seemingly lukewarm reception from John Fox, the players have Cutler’s back.
- What do the Bears need to do in order to beat the Vikings?
- And what to watch for.
- Bears notes.
Record and Stats:
- Record: 1-6
- Last in the NFC North
- Team Offense: 13th (Total); 10th (Passing); 25th (Rushing); 31st (Points)
- Team Defense: 17th (Total); 19th (Passing); 21st (Rushing); 22nd (Points)
- The Bears next game is October 31st at 8:30pm ET versus the Minnesota Vikings.