State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago Cubs, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided during the season, including the team’s competitive status.
Stories of the Day:
- The Cubs starting rotation for the World Series has been set.
- Jon Lester has no concerns about how the young Cubs will handle the pressure of the World Series.
- Kyle Schwarber traveled to Cleveland yesterday and could be on the World Series roster.
- But would he actually make the Cubs a better team?
- In Game 6 of the NLCS the Cubs put Clayton Kershaw through “30 pitches of hell”.
- World Series preview: Matchups, predictions, and rosters.
- A Cubs World Series victory would mean a lot for baseball, not just Chicagoans.
- Miscellaneous stories about Theo Epstein.
- The World Series begins tonight at 8:00pm ET in Cleveland, with Jon Lester on the mound.