State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago football team, the Chicago Bears, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided during the season, including the team’s competitive status.
Stories of the Day:
- Kyle Long has a strained triceps and is day-to-day, according to John Fox.
- Brian Hoyer had successful surgery on his arm and may be placed on IR.
- And John Fox has declared that Cutler “was always the starter”.
- Is Jay Cutler the Bears best chance to win?
- The return of Pernell McPhee and the continued development of Leonard Floyd provide hope for the Bears defense.
Record and Stats:
- Record: 1-6
- Last in the NFC North
- Team Offense: 13th (Total); 10th (Passing); 24th (Rushing); 30th (Points)
- Team Defense: 17th (Total); 19th (Passing); 22nd (Rushing); 22nd (Points)