State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago football team, the Chicago Bears, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided during the season, including the team’s competitive status.
Stories of the Day:
- Bears-Jaguars review after 49 hours and a second take.
- It’s still not good. It may even be worse.
- Do the Bears need to start making coaching changes?
- It looks like Jay Cutler will miss the Thursday night game versus the Packers.
- The Bears’ inability to score touchdowns may have opened the door for his return, however.
- Even though it may be best to just let Cutler go.
- There is the potential for a Pernell McPhee return on Thursday.
- And the Bears feel they can compete against the Packers.
- But is beating the Packers enough?
Record and Stats:
- Record: 1-5
- Last in the NFC North
- Team Offense: 6th (Total); 3rd (Passing); 20th (Rushing); 29th (Points)
- Team Defense: 14th (Total); 13th (Passing); 21st (Rushing); 22nd (Points)