State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago Cubs, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided during the season, including the team’s competitive status.
Stories of the Day:
- The Cubs lost Game 2 to the Dodgers, 1-0
- Despite blowing the save in Game 1, Joe Maddon gives Aroldis Chapman credit for the victory.
- And Maddon regrets putting Chapman in an impossible situation in Game 2.
- Theo Epstein credits Jim Hendry’s influence on the success of this years team.
- The chaos of Game 1 that led to a Cubs victory.
- Does Miguel Montero’s grand slam buoy the Cubs’ World Series chances?
- Did Montero save Maddon from himself?
- For his part Montero says no, Maddon did not make bad decisions.
- And Maddon doesn’t mind the second-guessing.
- Walking through Maddon’s chess match.
- Is Javier Baez the most exciting player in baseball?
- The Cubs really need Anthony Rizzo to start hitting.
- The Cubs and Dodgers are tied 1-1 as the NLCS moves to Los Angeles. Game 3 starts Tuesday at 7:00pm ET.