State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago football team, the Chicago Bears, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided during the season, including the team’s competitive status.
Stories of the Day:
- The Bears lost a 16 point lead in the 4th quarter and lost to the Jaguars, 17-16.
- Eddie Royal suffered a toe injury in the defeat.
- The Bears are eyeing a Week 13 return for Kevin White.
- Alshon Jeffrey is not happy with the Bears’ offense and states the obvious.
- Cameron Meredith continues to open eyes with his second impressive game in a row.
- Despite a poor showing against the Jaguars, Jordan Howard can continue to provide a bright spot and hope for Bears fans.
- Bears rookies in general continue to provide a reason to watch the Bears this season.
- But Leonard Floyd has to get back on the field after missing his second consecuative game.
- It’s up to John Fox to rally the team and rebound from a horrendous start to the season. Is he the right coach to do it?
Record and Stats:
- Record: 1-5
- Last in the NFC North
- Team Offense: 8th (Total); 5th (Passing); 17th (Rushing); 27th (Points)
- Team Defense: 16th (Total); 14th (Passing); 26th (Rushing); 22nd (Points)