State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago football team, the Chicago Bears, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided during the season, including the team’s competitive status.
Stories of the Day:
- Kevin White had surgery on his ankle on Tuesday.
- The Bears need to open up the offense, but if they do can Brian Hoyer be as effective?
- OC Dowell Loggains said the Bears will not force the ball downfield to Alshon Jeffrey.
- Or is playing conservatively the only way the Bears can win?
- Both the Bears and Leonard Floyd are frustrated by the injuries slowing his development.
- A revamped linebacking core has proven to be the strength of the team.
- Bears Talk podcast.
- Previewing Sunday’s game versus the Jaguars.
Record and Stats:
- Record: 1-4
- Last in the NFC North
- Team Offense: 8th (Total); 5th (Passing); 17th (Rushing); 27th (Points)
- Team Defense: 16th (Total); 14th (Passing); 26th (Rushing); 22nd (Points)