State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago Cubs, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided during the season, including the team’s competitive status.
Stories of the Day:
- The Cubs defeated the San Franciso Giants, 6-5, to take the series and advance to the NLCS.
- Kyle Hendricks looks to be and says he is fine after taking a ball to the forearm in Game 2.
- Rehashing Joe Maddon’s biggest decisions from the Cubs’ Game 3 loss. They make a difference.
- All 10 times Game 3 looked like it was over.
- Cubs fans have to understand that the path to the World Series was never going to be easy but even in defeat the team showed why they are the favorites to win it.
- Such as the brilliant performance of Mike Montgomery.
- Who supposedly had the advantage in Game 4?
- The Cubs will consider a 12-man pitching staff in the NLCS, rather than the 11 pitchers they are carrying against the Giants.
- Anthony Rizzo looked better in Game 4, but the Cubs are still waiting for him to break out in the playoffs.
- Cubs notes.
- Cubs Win! Cubs Win! Cubs Win!!!!! On to the NLCS.