State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago football team, the Chicago Bears, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided during the season, including the team’s competitive status.
Stories of the Day:
- The Bears remain 28th in the ESPN NFL Power Rankings.
- Pernell McPhee can begin practicing Friday.
- The Bears offense has been piling up yards but something else in the offense seems fundamentally broken.
- Is the offense playing well enough to keep Brian Hoyer as starting QB?
- Jordan Howard has emerged as one of the few bright spots on a 1-4 Bears team.
- The Bears are off to their worst start in 11 years.
- Bears film study: All-22 slideshow.
Record and Stats:
- Record: 1-4
- Last in the NFC North
- Team Offense: 8th (Total); 5th (Passing); 17th (Rushing); 27th (Points)
- Team Defense: 16th (Total); 14th (Passing); 26th (Rushing); 22nd (Points)