State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago Cubs, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided during the season, including the team’s competitive status.
Stories of the Day:
- The Cubs lost to the Giants,6-5, in the 13th inning.
- Anthony Rizzo is still playing baseball because of this woman.
- During the regular season the Cubs surpassed the average NL OPS at every position, except right field.
- Cubs defense gives them an advantage in the playoffs.
- Charting and analyzing Aroldis Chapman’s fastball in Game 2 against the Giants.
- Joe Maddon has done a nice job bringing along Willson Contreras, but is Maddon using the inexperienced catcher too much?
- Theo Epstein for mayor of Chicago.
- What MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred says a Cubs World Series victory would mean for baseball.
- Cubs notes.
- The Cubs lead the Giants 2-1.