State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago Cubs, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided during the season, including the team’s competitive status.
Stories of the Day:
- The Cubs defeated the Giants, 5-2.
- Kyle Hendricks had to leave the game in the 4th inning after taking a ball off his right forearm. X-rays came back negative.
- It was the pitchers’ hitting which lead the Cubs to victory. Travis Wood became just the second reliever to homer in postseason history.
- Is this victory a signal this is truly the Cubs’ year?
- Ben Zobrist is doing everything he can to make sure Javier Baez gets in the lineup.
- Even though the MLB playoffs are a crapshoot, the question is how can the Cubs not win the World Series?
- Cubs fans and the playoffs.
- Cubs notes.
- The Cubs have a 2-0 lead (best of 5) on the San Francisco Giants in their NLDS matchup.