State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago hockey team, the Chicago Blackhawks, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided during the season, including the team’s competitive status.
Stories of the Day:
- The Blackhawks lost to the St. Louis Blues, 2-1, in the final game of the preseason.
- Trevor van Riemsdyk is looking to become an important part of the Blackhawks defense in his second full NHL season.
- Gustav Forsling may have played his way onto the team, as intimated by Joel Quenneville. But where is he going to play?
- Ryan Hartman wants to fill in for Andrew Shaw this season.
- Tyler Motte’s decision to leave school early to join the Blackhawks looks to be paying off for both Motte and the ‘Hawks.
- ‘Hawks individual player production and value from last season.