State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago Cubs, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status, both big and minor league.
Stories of the Day:
- The Cubs closed out the regular season with a win over the Reds, 7-4. On to the playoffs!
- Defining moments of the season thus far.
- Theo Epstein has found perspective.
- Kyle Hendricks finished with the best ERA in MLB.
- Has this been the team’s best starting rotation ever?
- The Mets and Giants play Wednesday to determine the Cubs’ NLDS opponent.
- 4 things to know before the playoffs start.
- Joe Maddon wants preparations to remain the same. Simple.
- Will they win the World Series?
Record and Advanced Stats (provided by FanGraphs):
- Record: 103-58
- Last 10: 6-3-1
- Games behind division leader: Winner!
- Probability of winning the division: Winner!
- Probability of winning NLDS: 62.2%
- Probability of winning NLCS: 32.7%
- Probability of winning the World Series: 18.7%
- Minor league seasons have ended.