State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago football team, the Chicago Bears, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status.
Stories of the Day:
- The Bears beat the Lions, 17-14, for their first win of the season. Next week they take on the Colts at 1:00pm ET on Sunday.
- Maybe this season isn’t a lost cause quite yet.
- But there’s still a long way to go.
- Kevin White hurt his ankle during the game and the team is awaiting news on the severity.
- Jordan Howard had the Bears’ first 100-yard rushing game in over a year.
- After looking foolish all season the corners came up big.
- Overall the defense really sparked the team.
- Is there now a QB controversy?
- Studs and duds for the game.
- Grades for the game.
Record and Stats:
- Record: 1-3
- 3rd in the NFC North
- Team Offense: 22nd (Total); 14th (Passing); 24th (Rushing); 31st (Points)
- Team Defense: 12th (Total); 10th (Passing); 26th (Rushing); 19th (Points)