State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago White Sox, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status, both big and minor league.
Stories of the Day:
- The Sox lost to the Twins, 6-0. The regular season concludes with the series finale against the Twins today at 3:10pm ET.
- The White Sox are expected to replace Robin Ventura on Monday with bench coach Rick Renteria.
- Is this change what is needed?
- If Renteria is the new Sox manager, he looks to have another quality starting pitcher in Carlos Rodon.
- Could Kenny Williams be moving on to something else?
- The story of the 2016 White Sox.
Record and Advanced Stats (provided by FanGraphs):
- Record: 78-83
- Last 10: 6-4
- Games behind division leader: 15.5
- Probability of winning the division: 0.0%
- Probability of winning ALDS: 0.0%
- Probability of winning ALCS: 0.0%
- Probability of winning the World Series: 0.0%
- Minor leagues have completed.