State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago Cubs, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status, both big and minor league.
Stories of the Day:
- The Cubs lost to the Reds, 7-3. The regular season concludes with the series finale today at 3:10pm ET.
- It’s always been assumed Hector Rondon would be on the postseason roster, if healthy. With his recent performances, should the Cubs be concerned?
- Jon Lester is ready for the playoffs to start.
- How the Cubs plan to deploy Javier Baez in the playoffs.
- Why the Cubs will win the World Series.
- Cubs notes.
Record and Advanced Stats (provided by FanGraphs):
- Record: 102-58
- Last 10: 6-3-1
- Games behind division leader: Winner!
- Probability of winning the division: Winner!
- Probability of winning NLDS: 62.1%
- Probability of winning NLCS: 32.4%
- Probability of winning the World Series: 18.0%