State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago football team, the Chicago Bears, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status.
Stories of the Day:
- The Bears play the Lions this afternoon at 12:00pm ET.
- The Bears waived the recently-signed DL C.J. Wilson and promoted TE Ben Braunecker from the practice squad.
- Could this move signal a shift in offensive philosophy?
- The Bears have seemingly fallen hard and fast, with little reason for hope.
- Positively, however, so far Cody Whitehair has been one of the best 2016 draft picks in the NFL.
- And Jordan Howard looks to get the running game going against the Lions.
- Breaking down the Bears/Lions matchup.
- 4 things to watch.
Record and Stats:
- Record: 0-3
- Last in the NFC North
- Team Offense: 27th (Total); 23rd (Passing); 30th (Rushing); 30th (Points)
- Team Defense: 16th (Total); 10th (Passing); 30th (Rushing); 23rd (Points)