State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago Cubs, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status, both big and minor league.
Stories of the Day:
- The Cubs defeated the Reds, 7-3. The series continues this afternoon at 4:10pm ET.
- Ben Zobrist may be heating up again right in time for the playoffs.
- The division is wrapped up. The NL has been conquered. What’s at stake in this final regular season series?
- A look back the first Cubs World Series team from 1906.
- Joe Maddon’s custom Cubs Jeep is being raffled off for charity.
- Cubs notes.
Record and Advanced Stats (provided by FanGraphs):
- Last 10: 7-2-1
- Games behind division leader: Winner!
- Probability of winning the division: Winner !
- Probability of winning NLDS: 62.5%
- Probability of winning NLCS: 33.4%
- Probability of winning the World Series: 19.3%
- Minor league seasons are complete.