State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago White Sox, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status, both big and minor league.
Stories of the Day:
- The Sox lost to the Rays, 5-3. The Sox begins their final series of the season tonight at 8:10pm ET.
- It has been reported that the Sox want to keep Robin Ventura around next season if he wants to return. Why?
- Many interpret this as a severe disconnect between the front office and Sox fans.
- But if Ventura isn’t to blame for the team’s mediocrity, it must be the fault of the front office.
- But Miguel Gonzalez has been good.
- White Sox notes.
Record and Advanced Stats (provided by FanGraphs):
- Record: 77-82
- Last 10: 5-5
- Games behind division leader: 14.5
- Probability of winning the division: 0.0%
- Probability of winning ALDS: 0.0%
- Probability of winning ALCS: 0.0%
- Probability of winning the World Series: 0.0%
- Minor league seasons have ended.