State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago Cubs, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status, both big and minor league.
Stories of the Day:
- The Cubs-Pirates game was called due to heavy rain in Pittsburgh and ended in a tie, 1-1, MLB’s first since 2005. The Cubs begin their final series of the regular season tonight at 7:10pm ET.
- The team is dealing with a series of nagging injuries, but nothing which should be serious enough to impact the playoffs.
- Has Jason Hammel pitched his last game for the Cubs?
- How the team was built.
- World Series tickets for a game at Wrigley Field are currently starting at $2,000 for standing room only.
- Cubs notes.
- The Cubs are donning NFL jerseys for their final road trip of the regular season:
Record and Advanced Stats (provided by FanGraphs):
- Record: 101-57
- Last 10: 7-2-1
- Games behind division leader: Winner!
- Probability of winning the division: Winner!
- Probability of winning NLDS: 62.9%
- Probability of winning NLCS: 33.7%
- Probability of winning the World Series: 19.9%
- The minor league seasons are over.