State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago football team, the Chicago Bears, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status.
Stories of the Day:
- The Bears injury report continues to be uninspiring.
- After practicing on a limited basis on Wednesday, Jay Cutler was held out on Thursday in order “to heal”.
- Cody Whitehair had almost zero preparation to start at Center Week 1, but he’s been impressive.
- Can Jordan Howard be similarly impressive?
- The Bears pass rush has been much less than impressive.
- Although this season has been really bad so far, is there reason for long-term positivity?
- Already postulating John Fox replacements.
- Bears notes.
- Check out a 360 degree view of Bears practice:
Record and Stats:
- Record: 0-3
- Last in the NFC North
- Team Offense: 27th (Total); 23rd (Passing); 30th (Rushing); 30th (Points)
- Team Defense: 16th (Total); 10th (Passing); 30th (Rushing); 23rd (Points)