State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago White Sox, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status, both big and minor league.
Stories of the Day:
- The Sox defeated the Rays, 1-0. The series concludes tonight at 8:10pm ET.
- Is Robin Ventura returning next season? The answer is murky.
- And Ventura isn’t shedding any light.
- Should Chris Sale rest for the remainder of the season?
- Ventura’s future isn’t clear, but if the roster remains largely the same Adam Eaton thinks the Sox can compete.
- Although that seems unlikely.
- Is it time for Kenny Williams to firmly step aside?
Record and Advanced Stats (provided by FanGraphs):
- Record: 76-81
- Last 10: 5-5
- Games behind division leader: 14
- Probability of winning the division: 0.0%
- Probability of winning ALDS: 0.0%
- Probability of winning ALCS: 0.0%
- Probability of winning the World Series: 0.0%
- Minor leagues seasons are over.