State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago Cubs, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status, both big and minor league.
Stories of the Day:
- The Cubs lost to the Pirates, 8-4. The series concludes tonight at 7:05pm ET.
- Theo Epstein signed a 5-year extension to remain with the Cubs.
- As did Jed Hoyer and Jason McLeod.
- The year-long David Ross retirement party has been fun, but it’s important to note he’s also been really good this season.
- As has John Lackey.
- 10 things you should know as the Cubs head into the playoffs.
- Cubs playoff tickets may be the most expensive playoff tickets ever in MLB.
Record and Advanced Stats (provided by FanGraphs):
- Record: 101-57
- Last 10: 7-3
- Games behind division leader: Winner!
- Probability of winning the division: Winner!
- Probability of winning NLDS: 63.3%
- Probability of winning NLCS: 33.5%
- Probability of winning the World Series: 19.8%
- Minor league seasons are over.