State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago Cubs, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status, both big and minor league.
Stories of the Day:
- The Cubs defeated the Pirates, 6-4. The series continues tonight at 7:05pm ET.
- Kyle Hendricks is leading MLB with an ERA under 2.00, how is he still not appreciated?
- The Cubs playoff roster is starting to take shape.
- Will Jorge Soler be healthy enough to secure a spot?
- Does Miguel Montero deserve a spot?
- How much better is this year’s Cubs team over last season?
- Comparing the Cubs to other NL contenders.
- Wrigleyville changes as the Cubs transform into a winner.
- Cubs notes.
Record and Advanced Stats (provided by FanGraphs):
- Record: 101-56
- Last 10: 7-3
- Games behind division leader: Winner!
- Probability of winning the division: Winner!
- Probability of winning NLDS: 62.9%
- Probability of winning NLCS: 33.0%
- Probability of winning the World Series: 19.5%
- Minor league seasons are completed.