State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago Cubs, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status, both big and minor league.
Stories of the Day:
- The Cubs defeated the Pirates, 12-2 for their 100th victory of the season. The series continues tonight at 7:05pm ET.
- How have 100-win teams fared in the postseason?
- How do these Cubs compare to previous 100-win teams?
- What does 100 mean?
- With all the accolades surrounding the Cubs it’s important to recognize Dexter Fowler, who may sometimes get lost in the fervor.
- With the division and the NL already claimed, how are the Cubs staying focused for the playoffs?
Record and Advanced Stats (provided by FanGraphs):
- Record: 100-56
- Last 10: 7-3
- Games behind division leader: Winner!
- Probability of winning the division: Winner!
- Probability of winning NLDS: 63.0%
- Probability of winning NLCS: 33.1%
- Probability of winning the World Series: 18.2%
- Minor league seasons have ended.