State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago Cubs, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status, both big and minor league.
Stories of the Day:
- The Cubs beat the Cardinals,3-1, in the series finale and the last home game of the regular season. The Cubs start their second-to-last series of the season tonight at 7:05pm ET against the Pirates.
- As Vin Scully finishes his last year calling baseball, remember his place in Cubs’ history.
- Greg Maddux sees himself in Kyle Hendricks.
- How the Cubs rotation sets up this week and heading into the playoffs.
- It’s been a historic year at Wrigley Field.
- The rest of the NL Central realizes how good the Cubs are and how good they will continue to be for the foreseeable future.
- Additional Cubs notes.
- David Ross homered to put the Cubs ahead in his final regular season home game.
Record and Advanced Stats (provided by FanGraphs):
- Record: 99-56
- Last 10: 6-4
- Games behind division leader: Winner!
- Probability of winning the division: Winner!
- Probability of winning NLDS: 61.9%
- Probability of winning NLCS: 31.5%
- Probability of winning the World Series: 17.2%