State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago football team, the Chicago Bears, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status.
Stories of the Day:
- The Bears lost to the Dallas Cowboys, 31-17 on Sunday Night Football.
- It doesn’t help that numerous injuries have now been stacked atop of ineffectiveness.
- Can the Bears running game get a shot in the arm from Jordan Howard?
- Can Nick Kwiatkoski effectively fill in for Danny Trevathan? He feels ready and the coaching staff has confidence.
- Brian Hoyer will fill in while Jay Cutler is out in the short-term, but where is the long-term solution?
- Brian Hoyer is friends with Chicago Cubs GM Jed Hoyer.
- John Fox isn’t happy.
Record and Stats:
- Record: 0-3
- Last in the NFC North
- Team Offense: 31st (Overall); 29th (Passing); 25th (Rushing); 29th (Points)
- Team Defense: 8th (Overall); 6th (Passing); 21st (Rushing); 24th (Points)