State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago Cubs, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status, both big and minor league.
Stories of the Day:
- The Cubs were defeated by the Brewers, 5-4. The series continues this afternoon at 2:20pm ET.
- Joe Maddon isn’t concerned about any post-clinch hangover.
- Just plenty of rest.
- Is Kris Bryant the NL MVP?
- Cubs playoff roster options.
- Cubs on Statcast.
- 2 reasons Cubs fans should be wary of October.
- Cubs notes.
- The Cubs 2016 season has been such a pleasing campaign.
- The Cubs lost, but so did the Cardinals. And the Magic Number is 0!
Record and Advanced Stats (provided by FanGraphs):
- Record: 93-53
- Last 10: 5-5
- Games behind division leader: 0
- Probability of winning the division: 100.0%
- Probability of winning NLDS: 61.2%
- Probability of winning NLCS: 31.8%
- Probability of winning the World Series: 17.8%