State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago Cubs, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status, both big and minor league.
Stories of the Day:
- The Cubs beat the Cardinals, 7-0. The Cubs begin a series against the Brewers tonight at 8:05pm ET.
- The Cubs’ 2017 schedule has been announced.
- Javier Baez’s impressive tagging skills.
- Jon Lester 3-hit the Cardinals yesterday. The Cubs’ starting pitching has been pretty impressive:
- Kris Bryant cast his vote for Cubs MVP.
- The Cubs are sending David Ross off in style.
- The Cubs have been so good this season, but will there be a repeat of 2008?
- How to beat the Cubs in the postseason.
- The Magic Number is:
Record and Advanced Stats (provided by FanGraphs):
- Record: 93-52
- Last 10: 6-4
- Games behind division leader: 0
- Probability of winning the division: 100.0%
- Probability of winning NLDS: 61.7%
- Probability of winning NLCS: 31.7%
- Probability of winning the World Series: 17.7%