State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago Cubs, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status, both big and minor league.
Stories of the Day:
- The Cubs lost their second game against the Cardinals, 4-2. The series concludes this afternoon at 1:45pm ET.
- Does Kyle Hendricks’ flirtation with a no-hitter finally get him Cy Young attention?
- Joe Maddon is still peeved at umpire Joe West.
- Who should the Cubs fear the most come October?
- Hunting for home runs on Waveland.
- Cubs notes.
- A song for the Cubs bandwagon fan:
Record and Advanced Stats (provided by FanGraphs):
- Record: 92-52
- Last 10: 5-5
- Games behind division leader: 0
- Probability of winning the division: 100.0%
- Probability of winning NLDS: 61.0%
- Probability of winning NLCS: 31.1%
- Probability of winning the World Series: 17.3%