State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago Cubs, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status, both big and minor league.
Stories of the Day:
- The Cubs beat the Cardinals, 4-1, as Kyl Hendricks took a no-hitter into the 9th. The series continues tonight at 8:15pm ET.
- Cubs Senior VP of Amateur Scouting and Player Development Jason McLeod will interview for a high profile executive position with the Minnesota Twins.
- One reason the Cubs have been so good this year has been their starting pitchers, who continue to limit hard contact by opposing hitters.
- Another reason…a great defensive infield.
- With yesterday’s victory over the Cardinals the Cubs’ Magic Number is now 3, and they can clinch the division during this series.
- Did anyone see Kyle Hendricks coming?
- Jason Heyward did his part to try to get the no-hitter:
Record and Advanced Stats (provided by FanGraphs):
- Record: 92-51
- Last 10: 6-4
- Games behind division leader: 0
- Probability of winning the division: 100.0%
- Probability of winning NLDS: 60.2%
- Probability of winning NLCS: 31.4%
- Probability of winning the World Series: 17.1%