State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago Cubs, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status, both big and minor league.
Stories of the Day:
- The Cubs beat the Astros 9-5 and won the series. The Cubs begin a series against the Cardinals tonight at 8:15pm ET.
- Sometimes it’s no fun being Chicago Cubs bench coach Davey Martinez.
- Since his return from injury Jorge Soler has offered the Cubs even more roster versatility as well as another quality bat, but his defense hasn’t been great.
- Addison Russell makes Cubs history:
- The Cubs have been so good this year all there’s left to do ahead of the playoffs is nitpick.
- And NL scouts don’t see anyone beating them.
- David Ross recalls his 9/11 experience.
Record and Advanced Stats (provided by FanGraphs):
- Record: 91-51
- Last 10: 6-4
- Games behind division leader: 0
- Probability of winning the division: 100.0%
- Probability of winning NLDS: 61.3%
- Probability of winning NLCS: 32.1%
- Probability of winning the World Series: 17.5%