State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago Cubs, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status, both big and minor league.
Stories of the Day:
- Astros GM Jeff Luhnow reflected on their decision to not draft Kris Bryant.
- Has the Cubs’ decision to hold him back been vindicated?
- Miguel Montero is making his case for inclusion on the playoff roster.
- Do recent struggles with situational hitting bode ill for the Cubs come October?
- Cubs notes.
- The Cubs dropped a game to the Astros, 2-1. The series concludes tonight at *;00pm ET.
Record and Advanced Stats (provided by FanGraphs):
- Record: 90-51
- Last 10: 6-4
- Games behind division leader: 0
- Probability of winning the division: 100.0%
- Probability of winning NLDS: 60.5%
- Probability of winning NLCS: 32.4%
- Probability of winning the World Series: 18.2%