State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago Cubs, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status, both big and minor league.
Stories of the Day:
- How the Houston Astros made the Cubs so good.
- As the playoffs fast approach the Cubs have some difficult decisions to make regarding their pitching staff.
- Has Jason Hammel really been that bad or is it merely recency bias?
- The evolution of Kyle Hendricks from Dartmouth pitcher to Cy Young candidate.
- The Cubs’ biggest breakout prospect.
- Cubs notes.
- No Cubs yesterday. Their series against the Astros starts tonight at 8:10pm ET.
- The Magic Number stands at:
Record and Advanced Stats (provided by FanGraphs):
- Record: 89-50
- Last 10: 7-3
- Games behind division leader: 0
- Probability of winning the division: 100.0%
- Probability of winning NLDS: 61.2%
- Probability of winning NLCS: 32.1%
- Probability of winning the World Series: 17.5%