State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago Cubs, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status, both big and minor league.
Stories of the Day:
- Another day, another Addison Russell highlight:
- Changes coming to the Cubs front office?
- Breaking down the Cubs defensive metrics.
- How the Cubs pitching staff has limited baseball’s best hitters.
- What’s going on with Jason Hammel?
- Does Kris Bryant create unrealistic expectations for the Cubs’ other young players?
- How to register for Cubs postseason tickets at Wrigley Field.
- The Cubs lost to the Brewers, 2-1. They begin a series against the Astros on Friday at 8:10pm ET.
Record and Advanced Stats (provided by FanGraphs):
- Record: 89-50
- Last 10: 7-3
- Games behind division leader: 0
- Probability of winning the division: 100.0%
- Probability of winning NLDS: 61.7%
- Probability of winning NLCS: 34.1%
- Probability of winning the World Series: 19.4%