State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago Cubs, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status, both big and minor league.
Stories of the Day:
- Javier Baez should have a metric all to himself: tagging.
- Cubs made some roster moves.
- Some potential Cubs front office moves.
- But Theo Epstein expects to stay put.
- Look out for the Cubs’ bullpen in the playoffs.
- What curse?
- How did jason Heyward benefit from his days off? It’s in the swing.
- The Cubs lost to the Brewers, 12-5. The swing game concludes the series tonight at 8:10pm ET.
Record and Advanced Stats (provided by FanGraphs):
- Record: 89-49
- Last 10: 7-3
- Games behind division leader: 0
- Probability of winning the division: 100.0%
- Probability of winning NLDS: 60.7%
- Probability of winning NLCS: 33.9%
- Probability of winning the World Series: 19.3%