State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago Cubs, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status, both big and minor league.
Stories of the Day:
- The Cubs remain atop ESPN’s MLB Power Rankings.
- As they inch closer to clinching the division, the Cubs are chasing some historic achievements.
- With another impressive outing Kyle Hendricks continues his Cy Young push.
- Cubs bullpen is getting healthy for the playoffs.
- Even at less than full-strength, how good has the Cubs bullpen been, and other Cubs notes.
- The Cubs beat the Brewers, 7-2. Tonight’s game begins at 8:10pm ET.
Record and Advanced Stats (provided by FanGraphs):
- Record: 89-48
- Last 10: 7-3
- Games behind division leader: 0
- Probability of winning the division: 100.0%
- Probability of winning NLDS: 60.8%
- Probability of winning NLCS: 34.4%
- Probability of winning the World Series: 19.7%