State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago football team, the Chicago Bears, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status.
Stories of the Day:
- Not even including the signing of Josh Sitton and cutting Robbie Gould, the past two days have seen the Bears make a flurry of roster moves:
- And with the additions of Cornelius Edison and Demontre Hurst the Bears’ practice squad is at 9.
- Not much confidence in the Bears as the regular season gets going. ESPN has the Bears 29th in their Power Rankings and projects them to finish the season last in the NFC North.
- Chris Simms of Bleacher Report has the Bears 31st in his initial NFL Power Rankings.
- Josh Sitton talked to The Sporting News about why he signed with the Bears.
- Does Sitton’s signing and the improving health of Kyle Long signal better days ahead?
- Why Robbie Gould was cut, according to GM Ryan Pace.