State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago Cubs, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status, both big and minor league.
Stories of the Day:
- It was Family Day at Wrigley Field:
- Kris Bryant and Kyle Hendricks were named NL Player and Pitcher of the Month for August.
- How the Cubs and Joe Maddon are providing a blueprint on how to build a baseball team.
- Should the Cubs rest players in September?
- The Cubs lost 3-2 versus the Giants. The last game of the series is this afternoon at 2:20pm ET.
- But with the Cardinals also losing on Saturday the Cubs Magic Number is:
Record and Advanced Stats (provided by FanGraphs):
- Record: 87-48
- Last 10: 7-3
- Games behind division leader: 0
- Probability of winning the division: 100.0%
- Probability of winning NLDS: 60.8%
- Probability of winning NLCS: 34.5%
- Probability of winning the World Series: 19.5%