State of the Organization is a continuing series of daily updates on the happenings of your favorite Chicago sports teams: Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears. Each team with its own update space.
This space will provide some of the highlights of what has been going on with your favorite Chicago baseball team, the Chicago Cubs, in the past 24 hours. Acquisitions, injuries, performance updates and storylines will be provided, during the season including the team’s competitive status, both big and minor league.
Stories of the Day:
- After yesterday:
- Theo Epstein’s contract is up at the end of this season and he hasn’t signed an extension. What’s up with that?
- Anthony Rizzo talks about being cancer-free for 8 years.
- Are the Cubs delaying moving the bullpen?
- How Jorge Soler has improved since his return from injury.
- Cubs notebook.
- Jon Lester pitched the Cubs to a 2-1 victory yesterday. Game 3 against the Giants begins today at 2:20 ET.
Record and Advanced Stats (provided by FanGraphs):
- Record: 87-47
- Last 10: 8-2
- Games behind division leader: 0
- Probability of winning the division: 100.0%
- Probability of winning NLDS: 61.0%
- Probability of winning NLCS: 33.9%
- Probability of winning the World Series: 19.5%